MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 10.3″ Government Profile, Chrome Lined, MP tested, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense RIS II MK18, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized and Cerakoted Mil Spec+
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL LADDERS: 3 low profile ladders made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- FINISH: Mil Spec+ Cerakote
- Made in the USA!
Forgive me if this has been covered. What is the real difference between the SBR and Mil Spec? Is the Mil Spec just the additional cerakote on the weapon system ?
Great question. The naming scheme Daniel Defense went with is very confusing. The rifles are exactly the same with the exception of the color. Daniel Defense calls the color: Milspec Brown.